2020 US National Amateur Team South
February 28-March 1 or February 29-March 1
1200 Claren Circle, Morrisville, NC 27560
Raleigh-Durham Airport (RDU) Four Points by Sheraton (map)This is a National Tournament authorized by US Chess Federation (USCF)!
The winners of this event will play in a National Team Championship along with the winners of North, East, and South events that are organized on the same weekend.
The Scholastic Side Event is on February 29th.
For more information, please visit www.bayareachess.com/usatsk.
Special commemorative clocks to top 4 players and trophy to the team for:
Top 2 Teams overall
Top Team u2000
Top Team u1700
Top Team u1400
Top Team u1100
Trophies to all players of the top team in following categories:
Top Senior (50 & over)
Top High School (Gr 9-12)
Top Junior High School (Gr 6-8)
Top Elementary (K-5)
Top Industry (same employer)
Bay Area Chess Gift certificates for best 2 team names
Special commemorative clocks to:
Top scorer on each board
Second highest scorer on each board (1-4)
Teams and SchedulesTeams
Four-player teams plus optional alternate
Top 4 player rating counts towards the team rating.
Max 4 players can play in any given round, players must sit in rating order.
Average rating four highest must be under 2200 (Jan 2020 supplement)Difference between ratings of board 3 & 4 must be less than 1000.
Friday 6-6:30pm and Saturday 12:30-1pm
Time Control: 30/90 +30 (2-day Rounds 1-2: G/61 d5)
1 Fri 7pm Sat 1:30pm 2 Sat 2:30pm Sat 4pm 3 Sat 7pm 4 Sun 10am 5 Sun 2:30pm
Onsite Registration: Sunday 7:30-8 pm
Rounds: Sunday 8:15-9:50 pm
Entry Fee - Registration
(Please contact us if you need a team and we will find you one!)
Team (4 or more players): $199
(Don't forget to mention your team name if you have one!)
2/22-24: extra $10/player ($25/team)
2/25-27: extra $20/player ($50/team)
onsite: extra $26/player ($66/team)
before 2/25: $5
FAQ regarding Team registration and pairing
Don't have a Team?
You can still play. Just register as an individual and we will help you find a team by:
1. Posting your name in the entries as someone looking for a team so teams may contact you through us. Please note that we will share your contact information with registered teams only.
2. Posting teams who are looking players and forwarding your information upon your request.
Please understand that due to large interest in this tournament, our priority is to help players and team who have registered to find teams. So please, register and we will help you!
In the past, all players who have registered have always found a team to play. Sometimes, they have to wait until the day of the tournament and we help recruit players onsite among parents and coaches of registered players. Nevertheless, they have always found a team.
How to register multiple members in one team?
When you select the team registration, using one of the team member's user ID and password, please indicate the other three player's names, and USCF IDs in the Additional Notes section that is right below the section list. Alternatively, you can email us the players' names on your team.
Some Additional Guidelines for the Team Championship rules
* Unrated players do not count in the average, the team average is based on the rated players. Unrated players must play Board4. If you have 2 unrated they have to pick who is Board3 and who is Board4 and stick with that assignment. (no variation to 31C)
* Teams who have started in the 3-day schedule can withdraw and re-enter for the 2-day schedule. They must choose a different team name.
* Team that wins the Amateur Team West Championship title qualifies for the National Playoff online championship.
Organizers and TDs
Chief Organizers: BayAreaChess
Chief TDs: TBA